Thursday, May 3, 2018

Thank You Teacher


Good Thursday morning!
I finally found a few moments to myself to make a card for this week's
MIM with Melissa: Ink Blending on Colored Cardstock.


I've been on grandma duty for the week. SIL has been promoted and family will soon be
moving to So Cal. It's been a busy week!
3 children, 3 lunches, to and from different schools, practice, gymnastics,
 and one with a cold.
Was it this busy raising my own? How quickly it's all behind. 
But... new memories to make, love to give, and receive... and for some reason
I seem to have endless patience, (thank God!). Anyway, 
Back to the card...

Melissa's video was to use colored cardstock, emboss our image and ink blend over
the versamarked image.


While going through my PTI stamps and dies, I came across Betsy's sweet apple 
from the What the Doodle series. Using pretty much Melissa's card layout, the rest was easy.
The card will go to one of the grandkids' teachers. School will be ending soon.
Not sure where the year has gone!
Hope I didn't bore you too much. It's so nice to be in the craft room, even for a 
short while!

I've listed the PapertreyInk supplies used. If you click the ones you like
it takes you to the item in the store. Happy shopping!

18 comments:

  1. Happy you found some time for yourself to create your card...it’s lovely and so cheerful! It just never stops being a mom/grandmother! We just get older and slower (ha, ha)! Enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, I love visiting your blog and seeing all the beautiful cards you create! They are always full of detail and gorgeous colors, and I feel so inspired by your art! This card is SUCH a sweet creation - really love all the ink blending the different shades!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card, Nancy! The teacher who receives this is going to love it. I also love visiting your blog. You always inspire me! Super cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way your layered elements flow together so perfectly! This is wonderful Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is not only FUN but absolutely FABULOUS Nancy! I've gone over every little detail for about 10 minutes now trying to soak it all in!! You are so like Melissa in that you add so many details that I have to just keep looking and looking to see all the goodness!! LOVE your color scheme on this card too...whatever teacher receives this is going to LOVE it!! Glad you got to enjoy "grandma" time this week too...isn't it just the best?!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute card, Nancy!! I love your colors and patterned papers and the apple is very cute. Great design!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nancy, your blog is lovely and never boring! I had a chuckle over your grandma duties and wondering how you managed with you own. I'm cheering that you had endless patience!
    Your card has beautiful details and such pretty colors - love your take on the technique!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could never get bored visiting you Nancy. Your posts are always filled with beautiful rich colors and your lovely art work! The colors on the apple are brilliant and all no detail is ever missed by you. I adore this apple card and so will the teacher who receives it. So glad you're enjoying some "grandma" time too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous ink blending. Such a great image to use! You did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card and I love the apple in the background - perfect touch! Whoever receives this card is one lucky person!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous! I love all of the colors. Great use of the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! This is amazing, Nancy! Love how you used different colors on the background for the ink blending, too! Beautiful design! Sounds like you have been very busy! Fun times for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nancy, this is so pretty for one of the grandkids teachers. Great card friend. I just saw the previous post and made a comment on that one too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooo! I love this Nancy! What the Doodle is still such a fun line of stamps, and the teacher will love this card. Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful work Nancy! Love the vibrant lime~ You are a wonderful grandma~your grandkids are blessed to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a beautiful card Nancy! Love how you featured the fancy apple! Great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, just stunning ,I love all your layers and the design is Fab!!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!